Tuesday, 21 July 2015

ren no.1 purity cleansing balm


Recently I really got into using up skincare products, I manged to use up the Ren No.1 Purity Cleaning Balm, so I can give you a honest opinion on it. The tube have lasted me for around 3 months of every night use. After a full day at work, I just want to get rid of my make-up as fast as possible, without having to use 10 products. 

As my skin got slightly drier (normally I have oily to combination skin), I've decided to ditch gel cleansers and went for a cleansing balm. I am a big fan of the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm, but sadly it breaks me out. I thought that the Ren Cleansing Balm will be very similar to the Liz Earle cleanser, they are not similar in consistency. Purity Cleansing Balm is more thicker and oily. Once you rinse it off, it will turn into a milky consistency, you must use warm water if you want to get rid of the unpleasnt film, which will be left on your face. For me it wasn't a one step make-up remover. After using any cleanser, afterwards I always tend to use a Micellar water, just to make sure I got rid of all make-up. Sadly the Cleanisng Balm didn't remove every trace of make-up. I wouldn't recommend using the balm on the eyes, as it will burn a little. The scent is nice, as well as I like the plain packaging.

Overall this cleanser just isn't anything special for the price tag, unless I was having very high expectations about this product. Maybe cleansers with this kind of consistency just don't work well with my skin, I know that many people love this product.  All I can say that the Ren No.1 Purity Balm didn't dry out my skin and it didn't break me out. I might give the Emma Hardly Cleaning Balm a go next, unless you have any other recommendations, please let me know.
Share:

2 comments

  1. It's such a shame that this cleanser didn't live up to your expectations. I love Micellar water for my eyes because it's so gentle.

    Check out my latest post <3
    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely sounds like a good second cleanse or something to use in the mornings.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for your comment. I'm more than happy if you leave one!

© BurningBlonde | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig