Tuesday, 11 February 2014

my mac quad palette

MAC EYESHADOW QUAD: (T-B)  ALL THAT GLITTERS, TWINKS, SHALE, SATIN TAUPE (£11EACH)
You may be surprised, but I only own four, well five MAC eyeshadows. For a beauty addict it's quite surprising to own just five eyeshadows out of the whole range, well I use the fifth eyeshadow as an eyebrow filler.  I don't tend to reach for MAC eyeshadows, as often as I reach for the Urban Decay Naked Palettes, so I found it pointless to buy more, although there are some pretty shades which are on my wishlist. 

MAC eyeshadows have great quality and each is so different from one another. There are different finishes for example matte, frost, lustre, satin, all the ones I mention are my favorites. All That Glitters is a shade which I love to use as my base, all over the lid. It's a beautiful beige shade with gold undertones, looks slightly peachy on the lid.  I think it's a staple in your MAC palette as everyone seems to love it. Twinks is perfect to use in the crease, the colour is just so beautiful and brings out the blue tone in my eyes. It's a warm, slightly shimmery brown with hints of purple. Complements the eyes so much. Shale slightly purplish colour, in some light it looks more brown and in others more purple. I love it, but I don't use it as often as I would like to, not sure why is that. Guess I need to change that. Satin Taupe is absolutely beautiful! My favorite MAC eyeshadow, looks so beautiful in the crease, it's Taupe with silver shimmers. I just prefer silver shimmers than gold shimmers on my eyes. Works so well with my pale complexions. 

I haven't tried all MAC eyeshadows, but the ones I own have an amazing pigmentation and lasting power. I would love to own some more, but for now I just don't really need any more eyeshadows in my collection, I own way too many. Any shade recommendation? Please let me know.
Share:

11 comments

  1. Satin Taupe is definitely one of my favourites along with Nylon :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try out Naked Lunch :) works beautifully with All That Glitters or on its own!

    Gorgeous shades, I have all three Naked palettes so I don't really own that many eyeshadows other than my palettes x

    Sarah @ sarahlouxo.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to try these eyeshadows! Beautiful post! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look gorgeous, but satin taupe looks absolutely beautiful!

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your picks here! I adore Patina and it's probably my favourite of all eyeshadows.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of those, they're like the best of Naked 3 but more matte which I prefer. xx

    http://somethinglikenicola.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous quad, I love satin taupe, I find it looks gorgeous paired with sketch!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to make my own eyeshadow palette. Think these colours are gorgeous x

    llyloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your eye shadow quad is really nice! I would like to make one up but I get overwhelmed at the counter and can never decide what four to go for.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for your comment. I'm more than happy if you leave one!

© BurningBlonde | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig