Friday, 15 November 2013

revlon colorstay foundation

Forever trying out new foundation, even thought I already have few favourites, I still want to try out more! I think I am a foundationholic, does something like that even exists? Anyways I like medium to full coverage foundation, unless I have good skin day I will use  lighter coverage foundation or bb cream.

I always liked Revlon foundation Photoready is still the one which I like. I admire Estee Lauder Double Wear during winter time and when I heard that ColorStay is similar I just had to try it out. The coverage is really similar, but I feel like Double Wear lasts a bit longer on the face, whereas ColorStay lasts for around 6hours and then it slowly starts to disappear from the face. Its medium to full coverage, the scent is also very pleasant not paint like, but more floral? I really love the colour match as it works with my pale complexion really well. Sometimes when I want lighter and more glowing coverage I mix it with Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation. I would also recommend mixing the foundation with cream when you want lighter coverage. One annoying thing about the foundation is that it doesn't have a pump, well it's not the end of the world, but I just like when a foundation has a pump.

 Normally I tend  to reach for high end foundation more often, but to be honest there are lots of great lower end foundations. Revlon ColorStay is definitely worth a try, there are two formulas, one for Oily/Combination skin and for Dry/Normal. I think that the lightest shade is perfect for pale girls. Have any of you had a chance to try out Revlon ColorStay, what do you think?
Share:

7 comments

  1. My sister loves this foundation! Can imagine it looks fab mixed in with a lighter base to make it look more natural. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm nearly at the end of my bottle of Colorstay and have absolutely loved using it! I have really pale skin and the lightest shade is the perfect match which is a massive plus x

    Kirsty | Behind These Closed Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try this foundation out! I like the fact there's so many shades to choose from and that there's one for dry and oily skin x

    Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like it's definitely worth a try, will opt for the Oily skin combo. Thanks for sharing!

    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always mean to pick this up in the oily/combination skin version, somehow always slips my mind though! Definitely have to have more of an explore next time I'm in Boots. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've yet to get around to trying this but I definitely would like to as I do like a bit more coverage at this time of year :)
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually really like this foundation! I bought the normal/dry version because I ran out of the oily/combination. I'll have to try the photoready one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for your comment. I'm more than happy if you leave one!

© BurningBlonde | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig