Monday, 29 October 2012

products i regret buying 1
























Personally I love reading post like this, most of the time I disagree with products people don't get on with, I normally love them. So keep that in mind, if something doesn't work for me, it may work for you. Normally I get on with most of the products, but there is always something that just won't work. 

Vichy Normaderm Hydrating Cream £12: The product claims to do a lot, but honestly it just got my skin to worst state. I have oily to combination skin and this had started to dry out my skin. After applying it my skin became itchy. I hardly ever get bad reactions to creams. This is also a very bad base under make-up, my foundation started to roll and wasn't even. The thing I only like about this is the smell and packaging.
Bobbi Brown Desert Twilight Eye Palette £48: My most expensive eyeshadow palette, can't belive that I actually bought it. The colours look so lovely, but the pigmentation is so poor. Looks nice in the palette, but once you are trying to get the shadow on your eyes, nothing will come on. I tried many techniques, even using my fingers and nothing changes. The 2 matte colours are pretty well pigmented but rest is very poor. I expect more for such a high price. The worst part is, that at the counter they wouldn't let me swatch it, as it wasn't on the display.
MAC Pro Longwear Foundation £24:  You can read full review on this foundation here. I'm starting to feel like none of MAC foundations are good enough. Yes the colour matches are great, but there is always something that won't work. Lately I can't get this foundation work. So glad I almost used it up.
Gosh Velvet Touch Lipstick in Darling £6.50: What was I thinking when buying this lipstick. I do remember the hype around it. I'm really pale, so I should be aware that nude lipsticks don't work so well with me. I find them so diffiuclt to pull off. This is a nice lipstick, but the colour just don't work for me.
John Frieda Frizz-Ease Overnight Serum £7: I love taking care of my hair. I had tried so many times to get on with this product, but I just couldn't. I don't feel like it does anything to the hair. When I wake up, they are in the same state they were before using the treatment. So not worth the money. 

Share:

14 comments

  1. I love these sort of posts! Shame about that Bobbi Brown palette, so pricey and looks gorgeous, silly pigmentation!


    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about Mac; I love their eye/cheek/lip products but I've never been able to get on with their foundations; firstly, they're not very good for the skin as they tend to use silicones, I can never understand the raves about them and lastly I can never get a good colour match! I'm always in between a 15 and 20 which is very annoying.

    Great post xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about the Vichy Normaderm Hydrating Cream, it did nothing to my skin apart from drying it out just like you said, it was a really disappointing product.
    Great post lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post!!,was going to purchase this foundation! i love your blog its great!<3 http://heeeyitslauren.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these kind of posts! I feel so upset for you that the palette is no good after spending that much money on it, such a shame :( I don't think very highly of Gosh if I'm truthful!
    Love Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, that Bobbi Brown palette was so expensive! I never thought it would be less than great quality. And I've heard from a few people that the MAC foundations aren't really all that good, I'm glad I've never been tempter by any of them. Thanks so much for this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, thought the Bobbi Brown be amazing quality, sorry about it... But thank you for sharing it on this post. x

    judysbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't like the pro long wear either! I get orange patches all over my face ): such a waste of money...

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a shame about the desert twilight palette cause it looked beautiful and read such nice reviews on it :( xx
    thebeautyheroes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really regret buying the MAC Matchmaster foundation, it's horrendous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is really kinda disappointing to use products that do not work. This is the reason why I read lots of reviews of a certain product that I am aiming to buy. In this way, I will know if it works on most people or not.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not a fan of Gosh darling lipstick either, it looks awful on me!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. what do you think of gosh products in general? i like their bb creams.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used quite a few samples of Vichy Normaderm Hydrating Cream some times ago and it did absolutely NOTHING or my skin!

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for your comment. I'm more than happy if you leave one!

© BurningBlonde | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig