Tuesday, 30 October 2012

foundation routine

REVLON PHOTOREADY FOUNDATION in 002 VANILLA, ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR in 1N1 ECRU, REAL TECHNIQUES STIPPLING BRUSH

Currently I got back to using my all time favourite foundations. I love using both during the colder months. I had mention before that foundation are my favourite beauty products to try out. Revlon Photoready is one of my favourite foundations. The colour match is amazing, great for my pale skin. It does contain the small glitter particles, but I don't really mind them. In my opinion the coverage is light, but buildable. It's very lightweight on the skin, doesn't leave your skin feeling sticky.

The Estee Lauder Double Wear have medium to full coverage. I'm not the biggest fan of matte finish when it's comes to foundation. Double Wear has matte finish and if you apply too much it will be very cakey. What I like to do is mix both foundations together, then I get the most perfect finish and coverage. I normally use one pump of each and then mix it on the back of my hand. Then I reach for the Real Techniques Stippling Brush, recently I started to love using it to apply foundation. Before I only used it for cream blushers. My second technique to apply both foundation is to dot the Photoready on my forehead, chin and around the nose. Then dot Double Wear on my cheeks and nose. Blend everything together and it still worked for me. I'm still looking for the perfect foundation, there are so many I want to try. What foundation do you like to wear?
Share:

11 comments

  1. Is it just me that chooses what foundation I use for winter and which I use for summer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No lovely ;) Most of us do that. xo

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this, I really wanna try the DW, just worry it's too much coverage (not that I don't need coverage, but I worry it my look like I'm wearing a mask. What do you think?). I love this brush, it's my current favourite too! xx

    http://ferdies-place.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always tempted by Double Wear but I haven't yet taken the plunge! Good tips though if I do decide to buy it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find that I can only wear Double Wear on nights out as it is quite cakey but I do like it :) I have never tried the Revlon one... but i don't like shimmery foundations :)

    LaceyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  5. I switch my foundation in the colder months aswell, since my already dry skin gets even drier. I like Revlon Whipped foundation & Nars Sheer Glow:)

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. may just try the revlon - I'm an EL addict x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your post :)

    I've also nominated you for the Leibsten's Award, if you would like to check it out xx

    daniellekittyfrances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm currently trying out Bourjois Healthy Mix, seems good so far :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. i also like using the stippling brush for foundation it's so nice ! xx
    thebeautyheroes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like revlon colour ready too but find it a bit too heavy for me. i like rimmel 25 hour foundation and collection 2000 foundation, but lately i have been loving bb creams :) they're so much lighter and give me the right amount of coverage i need!

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for your comment. I'm more than happy if you leave one!

© BurningBlonde | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig