Wednesday, 4 July 2012

mac pro longwear foundation























Foundation are my weakness, I own too many. I love trying out new foundation, it's also a thing that we use the most. When it's comes to foundation I like both light or medium coverage. The finishes may very as sometimes I feel like I want dewy finish or semi matte finish. Everything depends from the state of my skin, if it's in good condition I try not to use anything heavy, when I want to hide everything I will go for something with more coverage. 

MAC Pro Longwear is actually pretty good foundation, but nothing special. I mostly like it for the colour match and coverage. I like to wear in on day when I need longer lasting power, as MAC claims this foundation should last up to "15 hours". I can agree as I worn it for around 11 hours with out a primer and it's only has faded a little bit on my cheeks, but I notice that on my forehead or nose it didn't last for so long, it may be because these are the oily parts on my face. With a good primer it may last for 15 hours, but I personally won't wear foundation for so long. I wear foundation for around 5-8hours per a day and when I have very busy day then I will wear it for 12 hours, but that happened rarely. For me it's a light/medium coverage foundation, it's very lightweight on the face. You can build it up.

I find applying this to slightly wet face as it's works so much better, much more easier to blend. I wouldn't recommend this to people with dry skin, as in winter when I had dry cheeks it left me with flaky skin. The finish is very natural as it's not dewy and not matte. Somehow I feel like it's adjust to your skin type, quite difficult to explain.  It won't be cakey on your skin as some foundation may be. It's a really nice foundation, but in my opinion it's not worth the money. I'm almost out of it and I don't think I will re-purchase it. You can actually see me wearing this on most of my Sunday Portrait post.
Share:

17 comments

  1. I really want to try this and the face ad body foundations, they both seem to be the foundations that most appeal to me!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks very light and sheer... I have dry skin unfortunately.

    Thanks for the review!!!

    Say meow to me on:
    Miss Kwong: From Catwalk to Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need need to try this!!!! :O
    - blog.andrealamo.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. The price must have just gone up! I checked on Monday when I was writing my empties post and it was still at £22.50 which is what I have always paid for it! I agree with you that it is pretty good but nothing special, however, I have repurchased over and over so I must like something about it. It's strange how different people view products differently, I see this as quite a heavy coverage, unless I just apply a lot haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really want to try this foundation..well anything form mac in general, its just so pricey..for me! xo

    vintage-teapot.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really want to try a mac foundation, but i can never find one that suits me. but i really want to try this onee :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good review! I agree with everything you said! I also like to wear it on days when I need y foundation to last longer. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. After trying this for a few days now I wish it was slightly less matte.... I will never find the perfect foundation ahah! xx

    Katharine from kathykins.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to try this foundation!! I've heard so much good things about it! :)

    p.s. I hope you will check out my fashion blog too,
    if you have time! :)

    Much love,
    The Cabinet Of Fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great post!!!

    I'd like to keep in touch with you.
    What do you say about following each others blog via gfc and bloglovin?

    Let me know! Kisses,

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I have to buy this one too, looks so pretty.

    Sanne
    Confessions of a blonde

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this one! Its abit thick for me, but because it lasts so long - Its worth it! Lovely blog, just followed xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab review lovely! I hear so many good things about mac cosmetics but it's a real shame about the price...
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooooh, i've been seeing this stuff everywhere!
    i've been meaning to try it for a really long time, but unfortunately i'm on a pretty tight budget. aggghh :(
    great review though! i know what you mean about the "adjusting to your skin type" thing -- i love foundations that do that!

    -alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. For some reason I always walk past this foundation, I love that it adapts though. Might try and do the impossible and get a sample from my local counter! x

    josieowen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I actually have a MAC voucher so may try out this foundation sometime x

    Floraldisastersblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for your comment. I'm more than happy if you leave one!

© BurningBlonde | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig