Thursday, 26 April 2012

foundation collection


Foundations always been something that I loved to test. I went through so many, when I don't like it I will normally give it to my mum or friend. In most foundations I'm always the lightest shade. In winter I like medium coverage foundations and in summer I normally go for light coverage or I don't wear it at all.

Estee Lauder Double Wear in 1N1 ECRU:  This is medium coverage foundation, but for me it almost full coverage. If I wear it all over my face, I find it a bit cakey. So I normally apply it only to my cheeks, so the pinky cheeks would be covered. I also bought a MAC pump, so I won't waste lot of the product. Overall it's very good foundation. 

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B10: Water based foundation, I must say it's amazing for summer, and when my skin is feeling a bit dry.  The coverage is light, but you can build it up. This foundation also smells really nice. 

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in NC15: The worst expensive foundation I ever tried! After 15min it will turn orange on me. Applying is very difficult. The consistency is very thick. It also breaks me out.

MAC Pro Longwear in NC15: This is pretty good foundation from MAC. It's medium coverage and long lasting. I love to mix this with Revlon Photoready.

Revlon Photoready 002 Vanilla: My favourite foundation of all time! Light coverage, it does contain  some shimmer, but I don't mind it. What I love this foundation mostly for is the colour match.

Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid in Ivory: I have no idea why did I love this foundation, the lightest colour is still to dark for me. This is my third bottle. I like the finish, and the way you apply it, but I still not sure why did I buy it so many times. 

Share:

20 comments

  1. Great post! I've seen a lot of people do foundation posts this week! Always helpful to see :) xo

    tattooedtealady.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the Maybelline Dream Satin one you should get a white foundation to mix in to make it a bit lighter if you love the finish! Lisa Eldridge did a really good video a few days ago recommending some. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually thinking about that, then I would be able to use more foundations. Thank you. x

      Delete
  3. Great post, Love the sound of the mac pro longwear.

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I'm glad I stopped by to read this as the Revlon Photoready foundation has had me intrigued. I already use the Photoready concealer which I really quite liked, so I'm curious about the foundation.

    Might have to give it a go once my current one is nearly gone :D

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you about MAC Mineralize Skinfinish. For ages I tried to get it to work for me but it turned so orange, and sparkly, and I broke out really badly. As well as that I feel like it sits really heavily on top of my skin!
    I've since moved on to Lancome Teint Miracle which I love!
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dying to try Chanel Foundation but dont trust colour matching online..Thanks for writing this post doll:)
    Sara xx http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid as my day foundation. It gives a gorgeous cover, but I never feel it last that well.
    My Night one is Mac Studio Fix. If you like a strong coverage for a night out I would definitely recommend it, as it always looks amazing in photos.
    Grate post!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your quick and to the point comments, much easier to read than some bloggers who will write an essay on each foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow great collection! beautiful photos too!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice collection you have there!!
    Congrats! I have awarded you the
    One Lovely Blog Award


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey love. As a thank you to everyone for helping me win Lauren Conrad's favorite blogger contest, I'm having a fabulous giveaway I'd love for you to enter. Swing by for all the details. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i desperately want a mac foundation!
    also im having a giveaway on my blog that id love you to enter :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is the shimmer very visible in the photoready foundation ? I love light foundations ! xx

    butterfleyesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. great post! might have to try Revlon PhotoReady - heard so many good things about it!
    http://dressingtabledelights.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post was very informative. I am going to give MAC Pro Longwear a try!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow great foundation collection great reviews too on how you got on with them

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for your comment. I'm more than happy if you leave one!

© BurningBlonde | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig