Saturday, 28 April 2012

alexandra burke for mua lip boom

MAKE UP ACADEMY (MUA) LIP BOOM IN CHEEKY!, OKAY.COM, DOIN' GOOD £3* (I will add the Doin' Good swatches later on)

Recently MUA and Alexandra Burke have collaborated and designed the 'Lip Booms'. They had created 8 different shades, which had been chosen by Alexandra. The Lip Booms are 4 in 1, which is very handy, if you want to create different looks using one product. The looks you can actually create are (1) Lipstick alone for a matte look. (2) Lipstick with highlighter applied just to the centre of your lips to create a full volume illusion. (3) Lipstick with highlighter all over for a super-glossy look.  (4) Highlighter alone for a sheer pearl finish. This is also the way I done my swatches and the way I had numbered them. 

The lipstick are matte and I must mention that they have very creamy formula, it's also really nicely pigmented. They don't dry out my lips, as well as they don't get into the fine lines. I'm not sure about people who have dry lips, as mine are normal. The lipgloss smells amazing! The smell reminds me of the Lancome Juicy Tubes. Lipgloss isn't sticky, but I find the glitter particles a bit to big for my liking. My favourite colour is the Pale Pink "Cheeky". The packaging isn't amazing, but I still find it very handy. You can also swap the colours of your lipgloss, but adding a different lipstick on top. 

Overall I do think that the lipsticks are worth the £3. I'm sure that all of you will find a perfect colour. I like to wear the lipstick with a bit of lipgloss. By the way I wanted to apologize for the way my skin looks, I think you all know the London weather now, the lighting in my room kept on changing.

Share:

16 comments

  1. these look so good, i definatly want to try one (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look so good! also im having a giveaway on my blog that id love you to enter :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ee, exciting, really want to try one of these. I love the look of the second one especially xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure about the glittery lipgloss but the matte lipstick part looks fab ! xx

    butterfleyesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any idea what on earth the stuff is in the pot that detaches from the bottom of the lipstick?! I've just got one and really don't get what that is supposed to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people say its and additional lipstick, in my opinion it's some gel, to show the colour of the lipstick. I did try to use it. x

      Delete
  6. These look amazing! Great review xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really like the looks of these.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. the colors are awsome! :D loved your blog so I decided to follow,you´re awsome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seen so many great reviews of these! I've ordered two myself, in shades Cheeky and OMG! xo

    tattooedtealady.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Szminki są cudowne;) Świetny blog;) Obserwuje i zapraszam do siebie;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't have of these but they seem great. MUA never fail to impress me it seems!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these shades :D They look gorgeous, such a bargain aswell, thanks for sharing x

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look great, I love the packaging. I may have to try one out, you can't say no for £3!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing blog <3

    If you like my fanpage you can win a Chanel Nail lacquer, Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for your comment. I'm more than happy if you leave one!

© BurningBlonde | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig